Program Management is an Area to Realize Value by Tuoyo Omatsuli
Tuoyo Omatsuli said Sophisticated program management and program advisory services help deliver consistent, cost-eff ective results at scale by combining a rigorous, quantitative approach with deep expertise and qualifi ed professionals. More than just delivering on time and budget without sacrifi cing quality, it can help unlock business value with improved reporting, industry insight and value management. Given project management’s ability to “make or break” business change programs or IT implementations, Accenture has a dedicated, industry-leading practice with specialized skills and strong methodologies. Tuoyo Omatsuli regularly advise on four areas to bring complex projects or programs to a successful conclusion; they form the foundation for robust, mature program management .
- Governance and design authority: An eff ective governance framework establishes documented terms of reference, empowered and engaged steering groups with increasing levels of seniority up to C-level, resource prioritization processes, and a project management offi ce (PMO) to supervise quality and cost. A design authority engages the right people in key user groups, helps teams understand the implementation’s impact and safeguards solution integrity.
- Consistent and comprehensive standards: With consistent standards, organizations can track and manage dependencies, address issues and risks with appropriate governance, gain early insights, and fl ag departures from plan. Since no project runs without issues, early insights are key to taking corrective action.
- Delivery model and methodology: Most large enterprises now require a combination of Agile, Waterfall and other delivery methods to successfully juggle the range of projects and technologies in play. Experienced professionals and advanced methodologies tailored to multi-speed IT help support multiple implementation methodologies across suppliers, technologies, projects, front- and back-end, and support and development.2
- Release planning and management: A well structured demand management funnel helps to prioritize projects, support sound investment decisions and monitor the business case. Eff ective release planning identifi es optimum project sequencing to deliver incremental/early benefi ts. Ongoing release management maintains technical health and production routes across the enterprise, including resource planning, environments, and development operations (DevOps).3
- Underpining all these areas is the right tooling; without a consistant and eff ective set of tools for managing day to day program activities, productivity will be impaired, gaps will appear and ultimately quality will suffer.